Two Years Old
Lev turned two years old on August 7th. Here's some notes about the status of his development:
- He is approximately 28 pounds, which is the 50th percentile for a boy his age.
- He is about 34 inches tall, which is slightly less than 50th percentile for his age.
- His head circumference is 20.5 inches, which is above the 99th percentile for a boy his age and absolutely giant for a boy of his height and weight.
- He says many complete sentences and gives many orders using complete sentences
- He says "please" and "thank you" and we never even told him to do that (we just modeled it).
- He asks "where," "what," and "how," questions.
- He can sing all of the alphabet song, but he usually skips a few letters.
- He can also count to 6 pretty consistently and he says eight, nine, ten, but he has only recited 1 though 10 a few times.
- He can identify some colors (red, blue, green, yellow, orange), but he seemed to forget them a few weeks ago and he had to re-learn them
- On August 15th, he drew a circle for the first time, after I asked him "can you draw a circle?"
- His top running speed is now faster than my walking speed, so I have to jog beside him to keep up. I am guessing than he sprints at about 6 miles per hour.
While I was writing these notes, he said "give me a pen." and then after he lost it, he asked "Where did the pen go?" He also asked "can you press the button (on the vacuum)?" Then he said "bring me a brush." When I gave him the vacuum brush, he said "thank you."